Submissions now open: Watershed Poems
Contest participants will compose a poem that explores some aspect of the watersheds or deep wells to which we are all connected. Some suggested topics include:
· The water cycle
· Networks of roots and pipes
· The sights and smells of watershed forests
· Recreation in the watershed
· Because I have fresh water…
These topics are merely suggestions, and participants are not limited to these subjects.
- Participants must be residents of the Cape Breton Regional Municipality.
- Only original work will be accepted.
- Participants must work on poems individually. Joint entries are not accepted.
- Poems should be 300 words or less.
- Poems should not contain profanity, discriminatory language, or other abusive content.
- Contest judging is blind, therefore the author’s name and home phone number should not appear on the same page as the poem, and must be included separately. If a hard copy of a poem is submitted, the author’s name, phone number, and poem title should be included on a separate piece of paper. If poems are submitted electronically, a separate document should be attached which contains the author’s name, phone number, and poem title.
- ACAP Cape Breton and CBRM Water Utility may use poems for promotional purposes.
1st Place - $150 cash!
2nd Place - $50 gift card for the ACAP Eco Shop
3rd Place - Protect the Source water bottle (Nalgene®, 1 litre)
To submit your poem, you may: 1) mail a hard copy to ACAP Cape Breton, P.O. Box 28, Station A, Sydney, NS, B1P 6G9 2) drop off your submission at ACAP Cape Breton (90 Esplanade, Sydney) from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM 3) submit your poem electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call ACAP at 902-567-1628.
Entries must be submitted no later than Friday, February 7th, 2020.