Now Hiring: Executive Director
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day aspects of ACAP Cape Breton’s operations while leading staff in pursuit of the organization’s vision for a clean and healthy environment, a prosperous economy and population that is educated and empowered to make responsible choices for a sustainable future. The expectation of the Executive Director to spend approximately twenty-one hours per week working with ACAP Cape Breton.
A. Implementation of 2020-24 Strategic Plan for ACAP Cape Breton with the intention of building resilient, environmentally sustainable communities across Cape Breton Island.
B. Liaise with individuals, industries, community groups, businesses, non-governmental agencies, and government to build formal and informal partnerships to address the target goals identified 2020-24 Strategic Plan.
C. Provide support and coordination for the Board of Directors
D. Provide administrative and financial management of all activities under the control of ACAP-Cape Breton.
E. Manage and supervise staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY CHARACTERISTICS:
• University degree in a relevant discipline (Please describe in your cover letter how your education meets the needs of the position)
• 10 yrs progressive work experience and a minimum of five years of management experience
• Significant experience working with a non-profit organization and a clear understanding of the legal rules and responsibilities for charitable organizations
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and team development skills
• Knowledge of government legislation affecting a non-profit, charitable organization, including GST/HST and Income Tax, Payroll, Employment Standards, Occupational Health & Safety, etc.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Energetic and self-directed, with effective time management and organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and planning skills.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Strong ability to build collaborative relationships.
• Computer skills including competence with all Microsoft Office products.
• Strong personal commitment to protecting the environment.
HOURS OF WORK: This position is 0.6 FTE
SALARY: $41,500.00 annually (%60 of $69,167.00)
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and CV in one document to ; applications are due January 15, 2021
This job posting can be downloaded and shared here: